Wind Release (風遁, Fūton; English TV "Wind Style"; ; ) is one of the five basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by making chakra as sharp and thin as possible. Wind Release is mainly short to mid-ranged offensive techniques that combine brute force and keen precision to deal cutting and slashing damage. A rarity among the five chakra natures, wind techniques are usually performed by generating air circulation and can be enhanced through this method as well. Wind-natured chakra can also be channelled into blades to increase their cutting power and overall range.
Relationship with other Natures Edit
- Wind is strong against lightning because it is a natural electrical insulator but weak against fire because the flames are fuelled by air.
- Wind Release can be used in conjunction with Fire Release to augment the strength of the fire technique.
- Additionally, it can be used with Water Release to increase the latter's concussive and overall destructive power.
- ↑ Naruto chapter 317, page 18
- ↑ Naruto chapter 479, page 8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 336, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 337, page 16